Sunday, August 19, 2012

Just checking in...

Hello out there!

Not sure who is there to read this anymore but I figure I should at least write a little something once a month.  I am still alive.  It has been one hell of a summer.  I have been sick....my family has been sick.  It is just one thing after another and I have been in survival mode for months now.

If I could go back in time I would have liked to have saved my gallbladder but there just wasn't any other options by the time I had mine out.  "You will be able to eat whatever you want" my surgeon said.  Uh huh.  Right.  Friends...things have gotten so bad that I gave up chocolate.  :>)  That was the least of my concerns.  Actually I had to give up a lot of foods that gut doesn't approve of any longer. 

I was watching this documentary about people who live a long life and they interviewed Jack LaLanne you know...he wore the jumpsuit all the time to work out.  He was in his nineties at the time of this documentary and he was lifting weights and juicing.  The interviewer asked him about his views on food and Jack cracked me up.  He said, "I look at food and ask...what are YOU going to do for ME food?" lol  Now when I eat I ask the same question.  I have to think also about...is this food likely to cause me pain? 

Enough about my digestion....how are you guys?

Give a holler if you are out there.

MerelyMe

No comments:

Post a Comment